Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

When altered books no longer are enough...

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 12:03:05 PST

This site looks pretty interesting, especially with the recent talk of

  This site offers an alternative for disposing of undesirable

   books: build them into furniture. The site documents the

   exhibition of lamps, umbrella stands, picture frames, and related

   objects, along with "photographs of the process, [and] publicity

   posters." The project was the result of a classroom and library

   collaboration at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). <>

     * Recycling (Waste, etc.)

     * Furniture design

     * Discarding of books, periodicals, etc.

  Created by: rv

I got this from the Librarians' Index to the Internet,
<> , which I subscribe to. It
comes once a week. There's always something interesting listed.