masterpieces, messes and what the neighbors thought book

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 06:09:15 PST

this is an awesome book! But beware, there are sexual
preferences and info about alcohol usage in some of
the biographies. Imagine my horror that while the kids
were writing out the overhead about the artist of the
week,(that I had made up earlier) and here I am
happily supplying background info on the artist that I
read in my book outloud (shame on me for not
pre-reading) I came across a paragraph that had sexual
info and then I stumbled and had to ad lib a whole
paragraph. Talk about TRAIN WRECK! I don't think the
kids didn't know I wasn't reading from the book, but
pre-read and edit out what you don't want the kids to
know. Of course, my middle schoolers would have just
laughed and been shocked, but elementary kids would
ask A LOT of questions! haha

Each artist featured has about 3-4 pages of easy
reading info. It takes me about 5-10 minutes of
reading it outloud (with editing now) and I still
supply or explain some of it to the kids. They think
it's pretty cool.
jeannie in ga