Re: Mike and Linda transfer process

---------

From: Dave Haines (dhaines_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 04:58:15 PST

Mike and all,

I used to do the 'window trace' back in the early days. Then I constructed a couple of light boxes for tracing...then, later on, I purchased two table units and had another 'vintage' (wood based floor model) light table donated. It was probably circa 1950's or older, but still works. (I plan to strip, refinish and rewire this unit sometime). A couple of years ago I ran across an 'after auction sale' from a local printing company that wend out of business. I purchased two 36"x50" industrial style floor model, another one that is twice that size, and another smaller unit (all steel framed floor models). I got these, now get this, for $25 for the smaller units (36x50 and smaller) and $50 for the big one. I even got a good friend of mine (also a high school art teacher) in on the deal. He bought 3 units for his classroom. Our school systems both supported this great deal and gave us the funding. In fact, this sale was an after auction liquidation. We had delivery from the liquidator included in the deal! Then, last year, a former student donated both a floor model that's about 24x30 and a table unit. So check around for sales/auctions, etc. You never know when you might luck onto a a good deal on a light table or other furnishings for your facility.

Dave H