RE: cost for???artist in residence

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 16:41:24 PST

Wow! That seems a bit high to me. We had a fabric artist last year and
allotted $500 for supplies, which more than covered the materials. Of course,
this was only for supplies. The lodging, meals, etc. were extra. We were able
to create a large, 4-paneled quilt based on the wetlands for this amount, with
lots of material left over. I think getting an itemized bill is the right way
to go.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Nnaell@aol.com =====
>I am currently trying to find an artist in residence to come to my school. I
>have a question for all of you. We got the fees for having the artist come
>and I felt they were very appropriate. However, the fee we got for materials
>($1,300+) for one project that would be completed in 2 class periods is equal
>to 1/2 my supply budget for the entire year. I have asked for an itemized
list
>of supplies and costs.
>
>What do you all think about this cost for supplies? The cost for the
>artist's time is $1600+ (this includes money for travel and a $200 session
for
>planning). The cost for supplies is almost as much as the time. The supply
cost we
>were given was for a kit costing $8.00 per child.
>
>I am interested in some feedback from you, especially those of you who have
>had artists in residence at your schools.

---