Re: Dried masking tape.

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 14:59:12 PST

>Hi Everyone!
>I got all this free masking tape but some of it is dry and keep breaking off.
>Is there any way to have it get more moist? Gail

This is only a theory. Spay both sides of one roll with WD-40
lubricant and then enclose it in double plastic bags for a week to
give it time to penetrate. WD-40 is effective to dissolve tape
adhesive residue when cleaning glass and other nonporous surfaces.
While it may soften the tape, it may also make the adhesive too oily
to work. Let me know what happens.

Just an idea.
Marvin

---