RE: Jpeg pics playing in DVD player ?????

---------

From: The Osborne Consortium (gmosborne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 11:43:46 PST

Subject: Jpeg pics playing in DVD player ?????

I just bought a DVD player that plays pretty much all formats, mp2, wma
and jpegs.
It's a Denon 2200.
http://store.yahoo.com/authentichometheater/ondv5dischan.html
It's a true progressive scan DVD player that utilizes the Silicon
Graphics chip for decoding.
There are also some players that use a Faroudja chip for progressive
scan.
Most DVD players claim to be progressive scan, but they are really not.
My local video salesman, calls them progressive scam...
But since I teach video production, I only buy higher quality components
since that's what I do for a living and I can teach the kids the
difference.

Gary

-

---