Check out these Mandalas - You CAN do this!

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 10:44:16 PST

(Sandra this is just FYI - if you are still a Getty
member, talk about these to the list).

Dear Art Educators,

Thanks to Deborah - we have discovered another "Great
Art Site". I am just in awe with these images by
Sandra Hildreth. I can see you doing a lesson similar
to this using images from National Geographic (if you
don't want to tackle painting)- or other magazines
with nature images. Photography teachers can use
students photos for the collage. These are really
exciting!
http://www.northnet.org/hildreth/mymandalas.htm
Do check out the Keys to Images, too, on the works
where they are indicated.

Folks - I keep throwing out the "bait" for this kind
lesson. If you do it - just send me an image and I'll
write up the lesson plan for the site. I am not
writing up a lesson without have a student image to go
with it. I just know it CAN be done. (Note: another
artist you could tie in would be Bev Doolittle - I got
her calendar for Christmas this year).

I'll post more about Sandra's site later.

Here is the non-objective collage mandala idea:
Todd DeVriese (also can tie in Islamic art with this
unit - math integration)
http://fisher.osu.edu/art/devriese/devriese.htm
IAD wants your student images.

I'll be adding links to my Mandala links page for
Sandra if you lose her site.

Here is her edible color wheel lesson:
http://www.northnet.org/mwcsart/7color2.htm

Enjoy exploring her sites:
http://www.northnet.org/mwcsart/mwart.htm
(I see that Sandra has retired from teaching now)
Color Unit:
http://www.northnet.org/mwcsart/7color1.htm
Sandra's Art Home Page:
http://www.northnet.org/hildreth/