Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Check out these Mandalas - You CAN do this!

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 10:44:16 PST

(Sandra this is just FYI - if you are still a Getty
member, talk about these to the list).

Dear Art Educators,

Thanks to Deborah - we have discovered another "Great
Art Site". I am just in awe with these images by
Sandra Hildreth. I can see you doing a lesson similar
to this using images from National Geographic (if you
don't want to tackle painting)- or other magazines
with nature images. Photography teachers can use
students photos for the collage. These are really
Do check out the Keys to Images, too, on the works
where they are indicated.

Folks - I keep throwing out the "bait" for this kind
lesson. If you do it - just send me an image and I'll
write up the lesson plan for the site. I am not
writing up a lesson without have a student image to go
with it. I just know it CAN be done. (Note: another
artist you could tie in would be Bev Doolittle - I got
her calendar for Christmas this year).

I'll post more about Sandra's site later.

Here is the non-objective collage mandala idea:
Todd DeVriese (also can tie in Islamic art with this
unit - math integration)
IAD wants your student images.

I'll be adding links to my Mandala links page for
Sandra if you lose her site.

Here is her edible color wheel lesson:

Enjoy exploring her sites:
(I see that Sandra has retired from teaching now)
Color Unit:
Sandra's Art Home Page:

Happy New Year!

--- wrote: