Re: high school Drawing final - Marcia

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 08:43:30 PST

Hi Marcia,

My high school days were "Pre-technology" for me. I
showed maybe 5 slides relating to art
styles/artists/periods of art we studied. Students had
to answer a series of knowledge questions (multiple
choice) - and high order thinking questions for each
slide (short answer essays - see my Bloom's file for
sample questions as I no longer have those exams).

The second part of the exam was a hands-on like Jackie
posted only we didn't work that large. They did the
sample techniques on their exam paper. I found that
most students didn't put a lot of effort into the
hands on drawings - but I didn't count off much for
that.

The third part of the exam was clean-up chores -- and
I really did grade them on that.

Note: Our exams were two hours long. I had to do
something to fill up that time slot.

Judith

--- Aust ArtClasses <austart@bryanisd.org> wrote:

> 1. Take a sheet of 18 x 24 and fold till you have
> rectangular
> shapes. Students working from personal photos
> complete drawings
> for understanding of things such as, contour,
> gesture, gray
> scale, monochromatic, stippling, pointillism, etc.
> I think you
> could even incorporate items such as cubism, etc.
> Not something

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department