ordering supplies

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 05:55:57 PST

Hi,have you thought about paper mac he paste? like Ross. Checked all your
glue, masking tape, attaching supplies? If the office lady loves office
supplies remember card stock can be used for endless art book making and
pop up art work. Think paper clips, push pins, tee pins for display. Think
of display areas in the school to show Three d work. Perhaps you could
slide a trophy case in during next year's budget. Look for materials that
are used in a multiple of ways like string, thin wire, bead assortments. I
swear by using the huge roll of wax paper you can buy . My first years ( do
teach upper levels) use a piece of waxed paper doubled up for a disposable
paint palette. Think metal foil. This can be very aesthetic if taught in
terms of shallow relief. think inexpensive printing paper. Think oak tag if
you don't have any. You don't mention printmaking...there's another whole
layer of experiences that can be taught. Go to the back of your catalog and
think about things like glass bits. My student got so much joy from
dropping a marble in their clay bowls. Somehow seeing melted glass in the
bowl made the concept of "really hot in the kiln" be tangible. How are
your art appreciation,video, book supplies? Good luck and ask for more
than they will give you... Often they can find more for a new teacher than
an old one...Oh don't forget obvious things like firing cones if you have
an old kiln. Randy in Maine on the last day of 2003

---