Share your student work -It's EASY! Yahoo!

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 12:04:40 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I LOVE sharing your images through the File for
Sharing folder on IAD. The problem is - that folder is
getting HUGE and I need to delete. I need to
focus more time on writing the lesson plans to go with
the ideas. I will ALWAYS share images you send to me
so keep them coming (I have many on my to
do list still taht came to me when my machiine was
down)....but I am hope-hope-hoping more of you will
try Yahoo to share your student work. It is really
very easy to do. If my links to not bring up my photo
album for you - then let me know and I will try a
different way to post my album (just email me OFF LIST
Jdecker@woh.rr.com)

1. Go to http://www.yahoo.com
Click Photos (by Organize - left side of page)
2. Go to http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/
(now I am already registered with Yahoo since I have a
Yahoo email address - you may get a different screen).
Click "Take a Quick Tour" if you want
3. Click Get started on right side (you may have to
register first).
4. Set up Album name
5. You can install easy upload tool if you want - I
chose NOT to. Click continue
6. Browse for images on your machine - select one for
your album
7. Click to add photos
8. See if you get my photo album for Matisse - click
on album to open.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/judydeckeriad/my_photos
Here is the LONG URL for the open album:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/judydeckeriad/album?.dir=/Matisse&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/judydeckeriad/my_photos

or the tiny URL:
http://tinyurl.com/3649q

This really IS easy - I am just taking time to write
it all down The test will be to see if YOU can open my
album. I get it everytime but the link may
not work for you (Denise had trouble with this).

Now the lesson description -- Here is Linda Wood's
co-worker's Matisse lesson (from Weezie Sharman)
http://www.sjs.org/classes/lower/art/4thMatisseTHumbs/index.htm

Matisse lesson began with the children drawing groups
of mannequins in various poses. We discussed showing
action and motion in the human figure.
Each table of four students had a group of mannequins
they were allowed to pose as they wished to show
movement. Next, I showed them many Matisse collage
pieces for inspiration. We discussed geometric vs.
organic shapes,positive and negative space, and the
elements of color. They were each given a sheet of
white paper and many sheets of varying colors, hole
punchers, crazy scissors,and glue. They covered the
white paper completely with the cutouts from the
colored paper. Lastly they selected a mannequin
pose from their original drawings to draw on black
paper. They cut it out and placed it on top of their
collage and...voila, they were done!

Judith

=====
Judith Decker