Re: Cathy Sony Album

---------

From: C Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 10:41:32 PST

I own a Sony camera and use the Imagestation at Sony. I am not sure if
anyone else can use it without registering a Sony camera, but when I set up
the album, there is a place to invite viewers via email addresses. I typed
in artsednettalk email and that is how it worked. If you get the invitation
via email, I don't think you have to register to look. Correct me if that
wasn't the case.
This is what it says at the Imagestation "about" area
What is Sony's ImageStation® service?
Sony's ImageStation picture and video service is a consumer digital imaging
Web site that provides users with a broad range of services and products to
maximize their digital imaging experience. We provide our members with new
and inventive ways to create, share and enjoy their digital pictures and
videos.

If you have not been invited by a member to view their album, you must
sign-in as a member to view any of the albums on ImageStation. When you
first try to access an album and have not signed in to ImageStation or are
not a member, you will see this screen. If the cookies are not enabled in
your web browser, you will see this screen. To sign up, it only takes about
a minute to complete six fields to join before viewing an album. Here is the
sign-in page. You only have to sign-up once and ImageStation requires no
further obligation. We understand that some visitors will have misgivings
about signing-up for an online service so we assure you that we do not share
or sell our member list with other companies. During the Join Process,
members can elect not to receive marketing information from ImageStation and
Sony.

For everyone the "perfect" photo is different, and the ImageStation service
helps people reach their creative potential. Once their images are uploaded
onto the site, members can easily edit, crop, or enhance with special
effects and textures, or choose fun and creative templates in multiple
styles and categories using ImageStation's free online tools. In addition to
being able to order high- quality prints, users can also print their
pictures onto personalized mugs, puzzles or even shortbread cookies.

      Free membership opens the door to a full suite of features and tools
including:

           Unlimited free storage of all your digital pictures.

           Online storage for 15 minutes of video clips.

           Personalized design and arrangement of your pictures in albums.

           Easy sharing of your images with friends and family through
albums, eCards, and more.

           Interaction with other ImageStation community members through
Guestbooks and email.

           Stay in touch with friends and family with eCards and other
tools.

           Create gifts, make prints, send eCards, and reach out to others
with your own images.

           Read great stories, tips, and columns in the ImageStation
Magazine.

           View thousands of albums and pictures in the public ImageStation
Gallery.

The ImageStation service is one component of Sony's broader vision for a
Ubiquitous Value Network, where devices and products can seamlessly access
the network and connect with each other at any time, from any place.
ImageStation provides a common imaging platform that allows users to share
and store images captured from a variety of digital devices, including still
cameras, camcorders, personal digital assistants (PDAs) and notebook PCs.

I also have albums on Webshots.com but they limit you as to how many albums
and number of pics you can have before you have to pay. They also have lots
of ads etc. Always a catch.

---

blk_diamond.gif