Re: Art material/clay

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 14:54:14 PST

Actually don't want to do wooden amolitos as I've always done the mache,
but not with this size class. Thanks on the tip for clay. They keep
telling me that they don't have a set budget but do order twice a year.
So I have to do the new order. Like I said there is more paper than I
could use for the next 2 years. Except construction paper. There are
more ebony pencils/markers and pens, chalk pastels and water color. So
drawing is set. Not much in the way of construction though. which is
what I want to do. They said they will approve what I need and I believe
they will. Then I have 40$ out of 100 left for little things.
Sandra
any advise would help. But yes the quantity is q" Thanks on the 3 foot
per kid- that's the kind of thing I need. So when I do small
cylinders/pots and throw it I use 1 1/2-2lbs. I would think that since
I'm not throwing about the same for the kids. Not all classes have done
clay this year, I think I'll order for the kids who haven't. I have 3-25
pounds left, about enough for 1 class.
Any suggestions for clay distributors. There is one here in Cinci, but I
can order from where they did last.

Judy Decker wrote:

> You make no mention of your budget...I would recommend
> buying about 1000 lbs of clay (about two pounds per
> student - the little ones will use less while the
> older ones will use more). That should get you through
> this year just fine.

---