Re: Universal themes in Art - Beth

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 08:46:17 PST

Hi Beth,

I haven't re-created the long list of universal themes
-- but I am just playing around today to see if I can
find the site that had Themes in Art (it was very
"western" - limited). I ran across this Themes in Art
that you will be able to use (most can't):
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/featuredarticle-2001-04.html
Many links:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/feature-2001-04-links.html

Here is the site- Great Themes in Art by John Walford:
http://wps.prenhall.com/hss_walford_greattheme_1/0,4421,66674-,00.html

Browse some of the chapters (pull down menu at top).
Many of the themes listed are universal.

Judith

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department