Re: Art material large class orders-Sandra

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 07:54:04 PST

You make no mention of your budget...I would recommend
buying about 1000 lbs of clay (about two pounds per
student - the little ones will use less while the
older ones will use more). That should get you through
this year just fine. Cut back then from that amount if
your budget doesn't allow. In the fall use the
leftover clay first. It will still be good. I always
put my old boxes on top of the new when I stored it. I
used Amaco buff clay - which was a good clay for
pottery and sculpture. I never opened a box I couldn't
use.

I would suggest doing the wooden animalitos with one
grade. Buy a couple assortments of scrap wood pieces -
then rade all of the lumber mills in your area as well
as the Industrail arts class.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Linda-Oaxaca.htm

Hope this helps,

Judith

--- sandra summers-barrick <tamayo@cinci.rr.com>
wrote:
> I have to place an order. I have enough paper, water
> color, permanent
> markers, ebony pencils and material to last for
> several years, but I
> could use help with other items for this class
> size.I have 450 students
> 1-8 class size 28-32. Help please with ordering.
> What and how much would
> you order for these class sizes if you could order
> anything?

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department