Re: animolitos/oaxacan

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 07:38:50 PST

Welcome to middle school (smile).

Keep the kids motivated - select projects YOU would
have liked to do and you'll be just fine.

I would recommend the sculpture wire from Dick Blick
(sorry Sax). It is sold on page 379. It is 14 gauge -
a 350 ft roll - sells for only $21.99. Maybe allow for
3 ft per kid (to allow for some waste/mistakes).
My size requirement was it had to fit in their tote
trays (but I even fudged on that on occasion).

Melissa worked quite a bit larger with her Oaxacan
animals. I have done the same lesson with 3rd grade
(at the resource center) thru 8th grade.

Judith

P.S. If you don't have a Dick Blick catalog - call
800-447-8092. Sax may have it too - I just know I
ordered mine from Dick Blick. It is easy to bend - and
easy for kids to cut...and cheap!

--- sandra summers-barrick <tamayo@cinci.rr.com>
wrote:
> Too all those who have made armiture for animolitos
> or animals of
> oaxaca/mexico. I am starting a school with large
> classes, as an artist
> and art teacher for 20 years I have only worked in
> small schools or in
> large schools with many art teachers so what is
> getting me are the
> supplies. I want to make the above project- the
> problem- How much wire
> and gauge do I buy for a class size of 30-32 kids.

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Jdecker@woh.rr.com