Art material large class orders- the blahs

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 07:07:37 PST

I have to place an order. I have enough paper, water color, permanent
markers, ebony pencils and material to last for several years, but I
could use help with other items for this class size.I have 450 students
1-8 class size 28-32. Help please with ordering. What and how much would
you order for these class sizes if you could order anything?

        There is actually a lot there, but apparently almost no clay. A teacher
left to be a sign language teacher to high school students as a second
language, she's been an art teacher for 15 years or longer. There are
several mountains of paper that she has never had to order since she's
taught there (3 years) tons of micro's and sharpies and a lot of
watercolor, some tempera. Lots of brushes. I want clay and wire and wood
mostly. There are enough pastels both oil and chalk to last for years
too. I want to go in the direction of construction, sculpture, paper and
bookmaking and printmaking etc. I did meet the classes the last week of
school before christmas break and the resounding response from the elder
children of the school 4 and 7, didn't meet 5,6 or 8th, we want more
sculpture!
astroboy

---