animolitos/oaxacan

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 06:55:23 PST

Too all those who have made armiture for animolitos or animals of
oaxaca/mexico. I am starting a school with large classes, as an artist
and art teacher for 20 years I have only worked in small schools or in
large schools with many art teachers so what is getting me are the
supplies. I want to make the above project- the problem- How much wire
and gauge do I buy for a class size of 30-32 kids. I teach 450 kids 16
classes a week. 1-8th grades. The 4-8 get art for 90 minutes. I would
want to do this with middle school age, Since there are 2 classes of
each grade at least 2 classes. Probably 6th or 8th grade since I am
starting in the middle of the year, and I know the other middle school
classes I have projects for. I hear the 8th graders really don't see the
need for art and get bored, they had an excellent teacher before, they
aparently are like this in every class, in every subject. Must be an age
thing and a graduating thing (I have a 7th grader). Any assistance with
quantity of supplies (for anything) would help.
Sandra

---