wheat weaving

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 25 2003 - 20:35:04 PST

Hello friends,

I have been teaching myself wheat weaving using a sheaf of wheat from
Safeway, here in San Francisco. I was wondering if it would be possible to
grow it in my back yard? Does anyone know how to grow wheat? I have a back
yard, but I'm a city kid with a black thumb. I think the bearded kind is
the most desirable for wheat weaving, from what I've read. I think some of
the girls who like to braid hair might also enjoy braiding wheat and they
might be really good at it too.

Jean Womack

---