Designing a new art room -See these cupboards!

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 13:02:23 PST

Welcome back to Getty list, too, Sandra (Astroboy)!
The subscribe address must still work. Melissa - sorry
it took so long to get the word out on these. I've
been waiting for the topic to come up again. I knew
it would.

Dear Art Educators,

Classroom design has come up on both ArtsEducators and
Getty list now which gives me the perfect opportunity
to share Melissa Speelman's cupboards. I noticed them
in the background when she sent me her paper mache
sculptures so I asked her about them:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/room.htm

They feature panels that can be removed for
repainting. You can change artists every year if you
chose - or simply reverse panels from year to year for
variety - students get introduced to two sets of
images in 7th and 8th grade. You'll have your own
semi-permanent art reproductions.

What a great way to bring art history into your
classroom on a daily basis. I bet all of her kids know
what artists painted each one of those works
originally.

Enjoy all of these images now. I'll only keep a couple
on the site when I add the classroom organization
tips.

Get caught up on viewing the Files for Sharing. Many
of the images in that folder will be removed soon.
(I'll try to post the files one more time before I
take them off).I was pleased to see how active the
folder has been when I got the site stats. I'll save
them all on my machine to share again in the future.

Thanks Melissa for showing how art history can be fun.

Judith

--- sandra summers-barrick <tamayo@cinci.rr.com>
wrote:
> A little background......
> I just recently was hired to teach 450, 1st-8th
> grade kids art.
 I am asking for a
> concrete floor. Looks
> like they are spending around 12,000$ and want it
> done by april or
> before.
> astroboy
> Yippee I'm on again.