Re: Stress Relief for Students/Teachers

---------

From: Linda White (linda.c.white_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 07:03:17 PST

That exercise is good too! According to a news report that I saw on
national TV in the last two weeks, kids do not get the right kind of
exercise to strengthen their hip bones against breakage when they get older.
This school in California had students do a couple of minuets of lunges and
heavy walking to put stress on the thigh bones. Evidently it causes the
bones to thicken. They do this several times a day. I tried it with my 5th
graders and they loved it. Called it their gorilla walk. Hope it works. I
know it relieved stress and there was laughter. Linda
: Re: Stress Relief for Students/Teachers

> Very interesting. I just heard that next to divorce and other life
altering
> events, Christmas is one of the most stressful events in our lives...isn't
> that amazing!!!
> Our students only have 20 minutes a day of recess.
>
> Happy Holidays!!!
>
> ---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---