FUN! Middle/High school lessons - Architecture - Shoes

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 13:01:51 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Justin Kramer - Queensland Australia - sent me two
great lesson ideas. Local architecture paintings and
sculptural shoes.

This one uses local architecture and teaches rules of
perspective. The students create a collage of images
from the local real estate section of the paper - then
make a larger composition. You could use acrylics or
tempera.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/justin2.htm

I'll eventually get this written into lesson plan form
for the site. Enjoy all of these images now. I'll only
put one or two on the lesson plan. I am cutting down
on images now to save server space.

This shoe lesson was inpsired by Cinderella's Revenge.
Links to come on the plan.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/justin3.htm

Enjoy all of the different solutions now. Only a few
will go on the lesson plan. I decided it is easy to
share all images that come to me through the "File for
Sharing" first.

Linda Woods might be doing ceramic shoes (6th grade)
this year.

Merry Christmas - Happy New Year!

Judith

P.S. I'll post these links again after the break for
those who have signed off.

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department