Re: An alternative to teacher gifts

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 05:50:06 PST

Thanks Linda for bringing this up. I have been mulling
over a way for kids to give a gift in HONOR of their
teacher. So many art teachers do not have enough
visual resources. I think this would be a great way to
build a collection of fine art prints (especially from
Art Image Publication). Parents who want to give a
gift can contribute a check to purchase a print for
the school. The child would make a pin using a small
reproduction and give that to the teacher (Art Image
has small images in the catalog). A label would go on
back of the print when it arrives "Contributed
by:...In Honor of:...."

I know this would work... I hope someone tries it.
This would be a great way to add the Character
Education Collection - or any other collection
featured in Art Image Publications. (link to Art Image
Publications on Great Sites)

Listen to this - Two of my husband's students went
together and bought him a beautiful book with all
sorts of illustrations in it for Tolkein's Hobbit -
Middle Earth. He teaches High School.

Happy Holidays!

Judith

--- lindwood@webtv.net wrote:
  I wish there was a way for our
> parents guild to gently
> redirect our parents in the way Emily Post does.
> But not the food,
> imho.
>
> Linda Woods

=====