Art Criticism sample essay (and questions) on IAD (Nikki)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 18:38:40 PST

(For Trish, Cindi and Nikki)

Dear Art Educators,

I looked over all of the essays Maggie sent to me and
decided to just put one online. I chose the one that
used the same image as the student who answered the
questions. The sample essay answers the same questions
only it is written into paragraphs. I imagine Maggie
gave students an option - just as long as she could
find the answers in the paragraphs. I have her final
exam linked from Middle School Lesson Plans on IAD:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/middlelessons.html
(listed about halfway down near the other Art
Criticism links)

Final exam template:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/final.htm

Anwers to questions:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/final2.htm

Paragraph form:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/final3.htm

I had my students write for every lesson. Writing was
very important in my class. I didn't grade their
writing with the same scrutiny an English teacher
would. I mainly graded on effort. Special ed students
sometimes answered orally (I would draw the answers
out of them at time -- smile). I am impressed with the
writing Maggie got from 7th graders. She should be
proud of them.

Hope this helps.

Judith

=====