Middle School Final with the HOTS - Art Criticism Assessment

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 14:35:50 PST

Dear Art Educators,

HOTS - Higher Order Thinking Skills

This topic actually came up on both ArtsEducators list
AND Getty at about the same time (in different ways).
Here is an assessment tool Maggie Tucker uses with her
7th graders:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/final.htm

And a student example for Edward Hopper:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/final2.htm

This has got to be a take home final (but I could be
wrong. I just never had 7th grader who could write
such well thought out answers in one period on the
computer. This page was done very neatly on the
computer).

The 7th grade essays to come.... I just thought you
might want to mull this over first.

Thanks Maggie! I can tell your students Think Art.

Judith

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department