RE: Getting students to take home art - Parent form

---------

From: kerry marquis (kmartist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 16:48:14 PST

 This takes a little time, but I found that it works for getting even most high school students to take work home. If it was a work on paper, I would get students working on something in class that did not take too much attention from me. Then I would go student to student with newsprint which I would lay their artwork on and with much ado carefully roll it up within the newsprint, tape it and write their name on the outside with marker. I did this to show my appreciation of their work and chatted approvingly about it to them as I did so. Most took their art with them when they left class. Hope this helps.KerryCheck out my art sites at www.teachart.netTake a free personality test on my site!!http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/--- On Thu 12/18, Judy Decker < judydeckeriad@yahoo.com > wrote:From: Judy Decker [mailto: judydeckeriad@yahoo.com]To: artsednet@lists.getty.eduDate: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:35:25 -0800 (PST)Subject: Getting students to take home art - Parent formDear Art Educators,This topic came u
p on ArtsEducators list a short timeago....and comes up on Getty ArtsEdNet Talk severaltimes a year. Anna posted that she had a ParentResponse form. I've been mulling over that idea. I didone many years ago - but wasn't organized enough tokeep it up. Here is one I designed tonight:http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/parent.htmDo "pick it a part" and correct my wording. How wouldyou do it differently? What questions would you list?No need to get back to me on this right away. Ieventually want to link this up to the site witheveryone's "words of wisdom". I believe if we get themto take their work home in elementary and middleschool - high school will follow without any problems.I had all of the custodians on my side. Anytime theyfound a work of art in the trash, they brought it tomy room. Kids were NOT allowd to throw away art atschool. I would call the parent and discuss theproblem and the next day the child would sheepishlycome to me and tell me their mom wanted to see theirproject. Parents often cam

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com