Getting students to take home art - Parent form

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 14:35:25 PST

Dear Art Educators,

This topic came up on ArtsEducators list a short time
ago....and comes up on Getty ArtsEdNet Talk several
times a year. Anna posted that she had a Parent
Response form. I've been mulling over that idea. I did
one many years ago - but wasn't organized enough to
keep it up. Here is one I designed tonight:

http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/parent.htm

Do "pick it a part" and correct my wording. How would
you do it differently? What questions would you list?

No need to get back to me on this right away. I
eventually want to link this up to the site with
everyone's "words of wisdom". I believe if we get them
to take their work home in elementary and middle
school - high school will follow without any problems.

I had all of the custodians on my side. Anytime they
found a work of art in the trash, they brought it to
my room. Kids were NOT allowd to throw away art at
school. I would call the parent and discuss the
problem and the next day the child would sheepishly
come to me and tell me their mom wanted to see their
project. Parents often came into pick up the ceramic
work left behind if they wanted that.

I hope this helps someone out there having difficulty
getting kids to take home art.

If anyone has a form you use - please send it my way.
We can come up with the "perfect" form for all to
adapt.

Judith

=====
Judith Decker