GREAT American Folk Art Site

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 08:31:07 PST

Dear Art Educators,

This is a "must see" site - especially if you are from
the state of Wisconsin (but I suppose this is old news
for you folks). I "discovered" this site when I
researched corn husk dolls in the fall - there is a
wonderful artist featured on this site.
Wisconsin Folks:
http://arts.state.wi.us/static/folkdir/index.htm

I have this linked from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/am-folk.htm

"Art Folks" - anytime you find a "treasure" like this
- do let me know so I can share it with everyone. Folk
art is another one of my passions.

Did anyone make corn husk dolls this year? I'd love to
talk about it on IAD.

Anne Pryor can tell you more about Wisconsin Folks:
Wisconsin Folks is an award winning website that
features traditional and ethnic artists in Wisconsin.
Engaging text combined with interactive elements,
audio and video clips, and lots of images help
students them learn about artists, art forms and the
traditional cultures that inform both. Sections for
teachers provide extension materials and hiring
information on each artist. Linked with Wisconsin's
Model Academic Standards, Wisconsin Folks
<http://arts.state.wi.us/static/folkdir/index.htm> is
an interdisciplinary resource for students and
educators that links the arts with social studies
and language arts.

Wisconsin Folks
<http://arts.state.wi.us/static/folkdir/index.htm> is
produced by the Wisconsin Arts Board, the state agency
responsible for the support and development of the
arts in Wisconsin, with support from the
National Endowment for the Arts.

Back to Judy: Put exploring this site on your "to-do"
list for the holiday break.

Enjoy it!

Judith

P.S. for Anne if you got down this far (I do like to
ramble). I will provide more links in time. I hoping
to get some lessons contributed using the site.

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Jdecker@woh.rr.com