Re: low tech pencil sharpeners

---------

From: Jane Altshuler (Jane_Altshuler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 07:59:24 PST

My Boston sharpener is busted, too. I like using the low tech sharpeners
- it's a more tactile experience. Also, the kids are not as obsessed with
using a totally pointy pencil when they have to sharpen by hand. I think
it saves pencils in the long run - also I hate hearing the noise of the
electric, especially when I am reading to the kids.

The acoustics in my room are terrible - there is no ceiling. Anyone have
any suggestions? I am thinking of getting carpet tiles and putting them
on the walls, but I'm afraid they will get dusty. Jane

---