Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: American Gothic - Parody Gone digital!

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 04:00:31 PST

Thanks Harold. I'll probably always repost your
links.I am trying to add them to Incredible Art
Department right away. The parody lesson has
interested non-list members (that is how Alice found

Good Morning Art Educators!

Here is a fun way for you to start your day.

Here is Harold's link to his new American Gothic
digital art:

Here is where you will find it on IAD:

Harold - I have saved this one to file - I love it!
American Culture - "For Here Or To GO"

This is the image I want to add to Incredible Art
Department - along with a how-to blurb.

Folk have some fun -- Maybe try America Gothic self
portrait digital manipulation. Begin with photos like

Art Parody is one of my "passions" - Share your
experiences with IAD. Some day maybe I'll locate my 35
mm film of my students' 3-D parody. I have since found
out that Red Grooms did it first (smile). I got the
idea from an artist at Ann Arbor. It was tough for 8th
grade (Lesson took "two of me" -- I had a student
teacher -- The student teacher got rave reviews for
"her" lessons -- smile -- Yeh, they were all mine. I
could NEVER give up control of my classroom. I don't
know how you folks do it).

I have an idea from Melissa Speelman I've been meaning
to share - I bet I can connect it to parody.

Have a great day!

--- Harold Olejarz <> wrote:
> Hi,
> While the list was down I did get a chance to post
> more examples of my
> 7th graders versions of American Gothic.
> The images are at

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department