Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Metal Clay - lessons and books (Bill and Patty)

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 10:17:15 PST

Hello Bill -- and others who are interested,

Lyris (Getty server) is playing tricks on me. It
rejected this post when I just sent it to Getty list
the first time...maybe that is because I was suppose
to send it to all lists? Lyris was kind and returned
my message so I could copy and paste.

Here is what I found so far for working with metal
A lesson to adapt - tweak to fit your needs:
Tips from Dick Blick:
Book: Introduction to Precious Metal Clay:
Tip - order both books and pick the one you like best
- then return the other.

Here is Linda Wood's book:
Creative Metal Clay Jewelry: Techniques, Projects,
Inspiration by CeCe Wire (Author)

Thanks Linda for the book suggestion.

Bill - try emailing Ruth Campbell and see what worked
for her: Ruth Campbell ( She
posted the she was doing a lesson.

Well...Now I saw who else I am working
for (smile Patty Knott!) -- I found you in Getty

Bill -- here is another jewelry idea to "turn" your
student teacher on to:

Folks - Sax has a couple more Jewelry Lesson Plans:

Bill - send me YOUR links so I just don't duplicate.
I'll surf for this soon.....but I better get some more
Christmas decorations up first -- I'll
"Have a glorious and meaningful Christmas!!!"

Now the rest is for me and the other list serves:
Betty Bowen sent in this great link:
Precious Metal Clay Society

And this story comes from Betty, also:
The most interesting thing I read in the materials
that came with my clay was the story of a woman -
since you can fire it around stone settings - who
imbedded several diamonds in her piece, only to find
that, since they are carbon, they totally evaporated
in the kiln.

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department