PMC Silver Clay

---------

From: William Norton (alethiap_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 03:47:11 PST

Good Morning all you ArtEds Netters:

I have a student teacher in my high school program this term who wants to
use PMC Silver Clay for an Art Metal project. I have never used this
product, but have been intrigued by it for a couple of years.
My questions are:
    1. It is as easy to use as the explanations on the internet claim?
    2. Roughly how much material do I need to order for a class of 28?
        a. Do I order the sheet, clay and slip to be able to make a
project?
        b. We have a lab fee of $5.00 for silver, will this be enough?
    3. How do you control waste for those students who don't follow
directions and don't seem to
         care about much?
    4. Is firing this product as easy as the explanations claim.
    5. Are there any special tools needed for this product?
    6. Is there one book which is any better than the other for creating
with this product?

Thanks for any help you may offer!

Have a glorious and meaningful Christmas!!!

Bill Norton
Menomonie High School
Menomonie, WI

---