PDA handheld...brand suggestions?

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 20:01:52 PST

I'm wanting to get a pda, and for several reasons...it would be nice to set
up some kind of rubic or grading template, something for notes where walking
around the room while students work I can do some evaluation to refer to
later.
I know the PC models come with a small Microsoft windows package, which
includes Excel which would be ideal. Unfortunately, having macs such would
not be compatible, ....or, would it?

I know that my mac at school will read stuff from my pc at home, but not
vice versa. Is it possible that a PC pda's notations on an Excel program
could be read by a Mac's Excel?

I'd like to be able to use it as a slide show....perhaps something like
PowerPoint to display images of art works.

Anyone here with experience using a pda that might make some suggestions or
good points to consider before buying one?

I've been lookin' over specs of the Palm Tungsten T3....the Dell Axim x5...
I guess though, that the T3's battery is not replaceable, and when it dies
in about 2 years you have to mail it to the company to be replaced. Is that
how that works? Goofy!

Larry Seiler

My websites-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

Member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air Painters"
http://nappap.org

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---