Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

More - Linda's Oaxacan Animals - (elementary -middle)

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 15:07:05 PST

Dear Art Educators,

It is going to take me a couple hours to get Linda's
lesson plan complete....and I have other things to do
now (smile):
(link to Linda's site on the plan)

I just had to get the rest of the images she sent to
me shared now so you all can smile big, too. I still
haven't gotten all of the clay ones posted (that she
sent last spring) - cause lesson plans kept popping
into my head. I'll get all of those ideas out "soon",
too (I know you don't mind Linda).

All I want for Christmas is one of these Oaxacan
animals! Next year - think about making gifts of art.
Gosh - I would have loved it if my son made one of
these. I think the lesson is good for elementary
through middle school. A high school student in my
district even made one and attached to her painted
chair one year - it was wonderful! (an idea for you to
think about Michal - if you are reading).

Enjoy these! I'm only leaving four of them on the
finished plan (you bet - the Trojan Horse will be
there). I love it how kids can teach us about art.

For anyone still reading - I have updated Halloween
art to include the info about Munch:
 (thanks to Heather and Dan)

And for those who like Art News - the link to the
online Newspaper has been added:

Great Day!

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department