Changing address with Getty (save these addresses)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 13:10:55 PST

To all (especially Heather),

To Join ArtsEdNet:
SUBSCRIBING:
Send a blank message to:
join-artsednet@lists.getty.edu
I can not guarantee this will work - Join with your
new email account and let us know by making a post
--THEN unsubscribe the old one.

UNSUBSCRIBING:
Send a message to your personal unsubscribe address:
leave-artsednet@lists.getty.edu (read the bottom of
every post you get for this address. Funny story - I
have had several try to unsubscribe me over the years.
Getty server did send me a confirmation email - so
their efforts didn't work)

WHEN GETTY GOES DOWN:
To join Art Education
To subscribe, send mail to:
art_education-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
New members are approved automatically. Ken has only
had to boot two members who were "naughty" over the
years. We are all "good people" (IAD's list serve)
If you forget - just check IAD:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/aeai/chat.html

OR
join ArtsEducators
To subscribe, send mail to:
ArtsEducators-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
There are hoops you can jump through on the Yahoo site
-- but I know for a fact this address works because
that is how I subscribed my Yahoo email address. I
know I said I wouldn't post this to the list -- but I
am getting so tired of giving it to all members who
ask me off list. Now I will say check the Getty
ArtsEdNet archives. If you forget? Just look hwo I
cahnged the Art_Education join address to
ArtsEducators.

The join feature on Getty ArtsEdNet has been down for
a very long time. Are we being tested? Do they want to
see how we use this gift before they allow more
members? Who knows?

I am constantly asked how to change addresses....and
how to subscribe to the other groups...and "what to do
woe is me I am not getting my Getty mail"...and on and
on.

Folks - don't just leave a closed account subscribed -
UNSUBSCRIBE it. Bounced mail causes fits with Lyris.
And those of you with small (volume wise) in boxes --
download your mail more frequently so your mail is not
bounced.

I'm not sending these to anyone anymore...I may say
just check IAD if you ask.

Thanks Woody for helping Heather.

Judith

P.S. for anyone reading - I want lesson plan and
images to come to my Road Runner account
(Jdecker@woh.rr.com) so my Yahoo box doesn't get
filled up. I do not want to get bounce from Getty
right now. My Road Runner address is on every post I
make.

--- Heather Martin <sages7@msn.com> wrote:
> Thanks Woody. I thought that was how, but I have
> been trying to do it for the past few days and keep
> getting an error report when I click the "Join Now"
> link? I will keep trying:)

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department