Perfection in Art - Oaxacan animals

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 10:21:15 PST

(Linda I know you will see this)

Dear Art Educators,

I am having SO much fun getting Linda Wood's Oaxacan
animals ready to share....but just had to sneak this
one out to you first. Sometimes a child knows what is
"perfect". We (art teachers) need to trust their
judgment:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/perfect.htm

Linda, I told you I was going to have fun with this -
just didn't know just how at the time. I imagine I
will play with it more.

Folks, Linda sent me some good how-to's and tips I
just have to mush it all together into the lesson
plan. It will be "to come". I'll get her images shared
first. See the St John's Lower School site:
http://www.sjs.org/arts/story/ click on Gallery - then
see all three classes of animals. There is also a link
on this page to her old site.

Super Saturday!

Judith

=====