Re: NAEA costs (was, Going to NAEA in Denver ???????)

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 07:53:56 PST

lindwood@webtv.net wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how much it costs just to stay in the hotel and go to
> all the good stuff at the convention? (Approximately). Excluding
> airfare, how much money are we talking about?

Linda,

The fixed cost of registration is $95. You must be a current member, or
pay the membership cost when you register. The ticketed workshops are
$30. They fill up very quickly so get your registration in YESTERDAY!
(They are doing something new this year which is probably more fair to
everyone; it appears you can only sign up for one workshop each day.
People like me, and others who shall remain nameless, fax our
registrations as soon as the events are posted online and hog 2-3
workshops every night.) The good news is that there are literally
hundreds of free presentations in various categories that will keep you
busy and motivated all day.

The conference hotel this year is very expensive, $179/night with the
conference discount. Several people have mentioned the Comfort Inn a
few blocks away.

Your costs will depend on how long you stay at the hotel. Figure in
airfare, transfers to and from the airport, the cost of meals, and
purchases at the exhibitors' booths.

If you can afford it, the conference is outstanding and will give you
the impetus to finish the school year on a high note.

Maggie

---