Re: Character Ed Mural -Sal -Breanne -All

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 07:20:41 PST

Thanks Michal!

Yes folks, character education is one of my "passions"
too. Sal, I hope you are listening - post what you are
doing.

Breanne - DO search Getty archives. Getty has no
obligation to us to keep those updated, but they do. I
just did a search and posts DO come up in Google.
Follow those threads (for both murals and Character Ed
-- read my offlist message to you for details).

Breanne - if you need my "brain" more - ask off list
(jdecker@woh.rr.com). Much of my most recent stuff
comes from my "friend" Joan Darcy - I know she will
share, too (tee-hee). Some of her stuff is in the
archives now, too.

To all....When you do have a question, and you know it
has been discussed -- please try to save everyone's
time and let us know what you found in the archives
and what you still need. Take the first step and see
what "words of wisdom" you can find. Show that you
calue everyones time. And if you can not find it in
the archives - let us knkow that too. We can help you
do a better search for that, as well. Believe or not,
I even remember WHO made the posts most of the
time...don't ask me why. Getty archives:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/Talk/index.html

LOL - I have my reasons why I want to beg Getty to
remove all of those archives. We already lost the easy
way to search them months ago. Let's not lose what we
do have. Enough said for one morning.

Judith (Joan d'Getty)

P.S. "Joan of Arcadia" is my favorite TV show now (CBS
Friday at 8:00 EST). Silly me, I still watch "Touched
by an Angel" reruns on Hallmark channel. Welcome to
"Judy's World" - I had my "head in the clouds" all day
yesterday and woke up with a horrible headache.
Talking to a few of you folks off list cured it this
morning. "Talk therapy" works especially when it is
FREE. Thanks you Getty!

P.P.S. for Nick Brod - Smile if you are reading. I
know you don't have time....but just on the slim
chance that are reading...Blessings coming your way!
Long story -- but now most of my Native American stuff
IS out there for the finding -- and I hope someone
does find it. Someday I'll find it all myself and
compile for the site (IAD)-- some day.....I don't want
another art teacher to get "suckered" into doing a
Y-shaped rattle as a "Native American craft" - None of
us could find a Native American reference to it online
- many looked. Yes, I am a goofy "Character" - but I
like being this way (smile).

P.P.P.S. For Breanne - I have LOTS of ideas in my head
for you right now -I just have work to do (smile).
You'll see "soon"

--- The Austin's <whest177@wheatstate.com> wrote:
> Whenever I have been asked to put a mural on our
> school walls I have always involved the students. I
> have the students draw whatever the theme is and
> then I pull aside a couple of teachers and we choose
> the one(s) we want transferred to the wall. I have
> used whatever acrylic paint I have on hand - cheap
> ones from Wal-Mart and wall paint. I usually just
> put a call out for paint and take whatever I get.
> Then I seal it with polyeurethane. I have created 6
> murals in our intermediate building and 1 inside the
> doorway in our primary building. ....
> > ~*~Michal~*~
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids