Re: Character Ed Mural

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 05:49:08 PST

Whenever I have been asked to put a mural on our school walls I have always involved the students. I have the students draw whatever the theme is and then I pull aside a couple of teachers and we choose the one(s) we want transferred to the wall. I have used whatever acrylic paint I have on hand - cheap ones from Wal-Mart and wall paint. I usually just put a call out for paint and take whatever I get. Then I seal it with polyeurethane. I have created 6 murals in our intermediate building and 1 inside the doorway in our primary building. They have all held up to extreme traffic - years of students touching and banging into them, and they still look great.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  I need your creative ideas... my school is implementing a character education program. Each month we will be highlighting a different trait, 10 in all, and we also have a short motto (I can't remember the quote - it's 3 words). My principal asked me to come up with a "creative" way of painting the 10 words and motto on the walls in our all purpose room. Any suggestions? Thanks SO much - I know it's a crazy time of year! :) Breanne Soviero, Long Island NY

---