High School - Tempera/watercolor/acrylic idea

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 14:58:00 PST

(Ken - it is easier to share now - smile)

Dear Art Educators,

I know I just talked about this lesson -- but painting
for high school has come up and here is a new image to
share that might spark some ideas for your students.
Team up with science.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/images/ken-bones.jpg

This was done with tempera paint - but can be adapted
for watercolor (maybe even adding salt and plastic
wrap technique)- or acrylics (playing with textures
too)

The idea is on this lesson plan:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/kenshading.htm

Ken posted "Dem Bones" to Getty ArtsEdNet a while ago
and was happy to supply this image for the site.

I will gladly add new high school images to the site.
Send them my way. Lesson plans remain on the site.
Ideas in Files for Sharing do not remain forever. Just
last night I deleted a number of files that are not
linked up. All you folks have to do is ask me for them
if you need them (jdecker@woh.rr.com). IAD is getting
huge. I need to put on the site what is needed by most
teachers. Lesson plans are number one priority -
always. List members do want images to go with lesson
plans. Again - there is NO set form. Lesson plans are
to be submitted in a form that YOU will use.

Thanks to all who have contributed - I enjoy my
"gifts". Linda Woods just sent me a bunch! I can't
wait to share those. You'll see....

Judith

=====
Judith Decker