Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Jan- Egyptian faience -All

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 10:50:43 PST

Just wanted to share this, too, from Getty ArtsEdNet:

You could have all of the kiddles make FISH (so
doable!)...also a symbol for knowledge in many
cultures. There isn't any culture I have found that
has a negative symbolism for fish...only positive
wonderful things. Could make fish necklaces? Add
Sculpey (or purchased) and wallpaper (rolled triangle) many possibilities.

This might be of interest to you Jan (if you do the
animla amulet idea):

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I am
certainly enjoying your journey.

We (art teachers) are the ones who call Egytian
Faience - Egytian paste. That is what Amaco calls it
so we follow suit.

--- "Hillmer, Jan" <> wrote:
> This is what I found about Faience/Egyptian Glass

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources