Mark -Jan- Egyptian paste is faience

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 08:20:00 PST

Thanks Mark for posting these links to the list. I was
"stingy" and only gave them to Jan off list.
I am saving this thread and it will appear on IAD in
the future.
http://www.ancienttouch.com/egyptian_faience.htm

The home page is nice too - I didn't go back that far:
http://www.ancienttouch.com/
More for me to explore...Links will be added to IAD
(on my site) soon.

Judith

--- Mark Alexander <markcalexander@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This strand has me wondering... is Egyptian paste
> the same as faience?
> Below is a great link to a site with lots of
> pictures descriptions and historical facts about
> ancient fainece pieces from Egypt go to:
> http://www.ancienttouch.com/egyptian_faience.htm
> This outfit sells these things, if you're
> interested. For their home page, with lots of
> picturess of ancient art, classical antiquities,
> ancient beads, artifacts of antiquity and medieval
> times, go to:
> http://www.ancienttouch.com/

> Peace, Mark

=====