does Egyptian paste = faience ?

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 07:54:44 PST

This strand has me wondering... is Egyptian paste the same as faience?
Below is a great link to a site with lots of pictures descriptions and historical facts about ancient fainece pieces from Egypt go to:

http://www.ancienttouch.com/egyptian_faience.htm

This outfit selld these things, if you're interested. For their home page, with lots of picturess of ancient art, classical antiquities, ancient beads, artifacts of antiquity and medieval times, go to:

http://www.ancienttouch.com/

  Peace, Mark