Re: Slick paper, problem with paint sticking -- advice please

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 14:28:13 PST

Connie,
        There is a product out there called Yupo, which watercolorist
paint on. It is medium weight and very slick. The watercolor slides
and moves all over and does strange unusual things. I picked up some
similar paper in the recycle room in our children's museum here in KC.
It's fun to paint on. My painting buddy Phil has sold several paintings
on this stuff. You should try this sort of thing before adding stuff to
your paint. Below are links to Yupo paintings on the web:
        http://www.artcafe.net/studio/yupo.html
        http://www.watercolorplace.com/Yupo/workshops.htm
        http://www.currys.com/knowledge/sunflower.asp
I hope your kids enjoy painting on the slick stuff, Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
My newest paintings from Taos: