Slick paper, problem with paint sticking -- advice please

---------

From: Connie (crobbins_brady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 11:58:31 PST

I received a donation of several huge rolls of white, high quality paper from a local print shop. These rolls are similar to those used by newspapers but larger/taller and the paper is a heavy, good paper.

Unfortunately, the paper is finished with a slick finish. Do you have any suggestions on what I might use to get tempera to stick to it? Someone once suggested dishsoap, have you heard of this?

Also, besides trying to cut this paper up for picture making, do you have other suggestions for elementary age students?

Wish you were all closer, I have a huge amount of this paper coming in and would love to share it! It is too heavy and large to mail -- takes 2 people to carry it! I have the opportunity to get about 5 or more rolls a week -- this is a huge, regional print shop that makes fancy real estate flyers for Aspen and Vail as well as political stuff for national party.

Connie
Grand Junction, CO

---