Re: A quick take on Rembrandt

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 11:13:47 PST

More to come - just wanted to see if I could find
Ann's Exhibit (this is it):
http://www.mfa.org/exhibitions/rembrandt/

Old news - but an interesting article (I'll talk more
later with you on this - Joe might have something on
this in his Art forgery):
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/entertainment/december96/remb_12-16.html

It was CBS Sunday Morning:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/09/sunday/main13562.shtml
MASTER OF MASTERS
"His name is Rembrandt van Rijn, the most famous
seventeenth century Dutch artist and one of the great
artists of all time. And you can see him in all his
glory in a stunning new exhibition at the Museum of
Fine Arts in Boston. It is called Rembrandt’s Journey:
Painter, Draftsman, Etcher. CBS News 60 Minutes
Correspondent Morley Safer took viewers on a journey,
revealing the inner workings of an old master."

They sometimes have tapes of these programs.

How am I doing at avoiding the work I set out to do
today?....More later, Jan

Judith

--- "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org> wrote:
> Maybe you can help me out with my next Meet the
> Masters. Format - art, music, drama 20 min. each.
> This artist will be Rembrandt. I know he's a great
> artist, but it's difficult to find a way to make him
> child friendly and accesible to kids. He has been
> chosen, in part, 'cause a choir group of students
> will be going to Amsterdam in the spring.

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Jdecker@woh.rr.com