Spray painting foam - Brenda

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 09:03:23 PST

Brenda, Jan is right. The green foam will dissolve
away if you spray paint it. Try putting a heavy coat
of gesso on it - then the textured spray paint. You
will still get some minor pits in the foam - but it
won't melt away.

Try Gessoing - then painting with acrylic mixed with
sand - or even tint the gesso and mix some sand in it.
You can buy some arcylic stone fleck paints in small
jars - may be too pricey for you.

Brenda - be sure to answer Nneall's post about
religion. It is IMPOSSIBLE to teach about ancient
Egyptian art without bringing in religion. I am sure
you did it in flying colors (smile). Nneall, if you
see this, I never worry about Brenda and teaching
religion - She teaches in a private school and that
kind of talk IS allowed -and in fact is encouraged.
Smile, Brenda - that is part of the reason you are
"special" to me.

Judith

--- "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org> wrote:
> Brenda, be sure to try spray painting on a little
> piece of foam - I remember trying to spray paint
> something styrofoam and having it melt right b4 my
> eyes!
> Jan

=====
Judith Decker