Wayne Thiebaud

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 04:40:22 PST

Help!

A few parents and I am doing a one hour presentation on Mr. Thiebaud for grades 2-5.
It will be broken into 3 segments, 20 min long with time for moving from one center to the other.
The 3 centers are art, music, and drama. Usually, in the art center we do something along the lines of what the artist did (experiential). In the music area, we try to connect the music to the art either by time period or symbolism or title, and spend a little time reinforcing that somehow. FInally in the drama segment a parent impersonates the artist or a friend/spouse of the artist and a little of their life story.

Right now we are planning to have the students paint a slice of cake onto a real paper plate, then arranging the class's cakes as a group and taking a picture of them.
Music - we have a video of candies marching onto a cake to some classical music (but only 6 min.)
Drama - a mom is going to make a video of herself as Mr. Thiebaud looking for patterns around our school.(We are short on parent help this go-round).

Does anybody have suggestions? This sounds and feels ok to us but I'm thinking that the cake painting may take longer than 15 min. and I'm just plain open to some brainstormed ideas.

Jan

---