More on P's and E's - it never stops

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 20:34:05 PST

Dear Art Educators,

It is no wonder our little kiddles get confused.
Publishers can not agree on the Elements and
Principles of design. I've been "talking" with Ken
Schwab tonight - and he teaches them differently than
what I posted (mine agree with Davis Publication and
the Gerald Brommer videos). I did find different vocab
files I had saved. Wasn't able to find the Word file
from Ken -- but will put his list post on the site
soon. By the way, Ken's book (that he is writing with
his friend Bob) will be published in Fall 2004.

I deliberately left Proportion off my handout (Test5)
- you can revise that by removing one of the balance
and putting proportion in its place.

I found an interesting file from a list member that
has "psychic line" on it. Does anyone remember sharing
that one (sometime March 2002)? It is Word file with
the heading
The Vocabulary of Art
"The Visual Elements"
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/vocab.htm
I noticed on my machine that the numbering is all off
(probably just a glitch with Word)- but it shouldn't
be too hard for you to tweak if you want to revise it.
If anyone remembers sharing the file with psychic line
- let me know so I know who to credit. I won't leave
it on the site without the author - but will share it
for a couple of days. Look at it now - don't publish
it on your sites please. This vocabulary does list
specific examples for the students to view.

I do have a Principles file to share - soon...it is
copied/revised from the Internet - so will only be on
for a short time too.

Getty Folks....the archives on Getty are now almost up
to date. I am so glad all of these files these last
several months were not offered to send as attachments
- folks tend to find those posts and ask for the files
to be sent to them (weeks and months later -- even
years later). Now when they find the posts - they'll
just find broken links when the files have been
removed. Now that Getty is archiving the posts on the
site again we ALL need to be more careful what we
write (me included! I sure had a big mouth last month
- and it is on the Getty site now - shame on me! It
does come up in a Google search too- but you have to
enter artsednet along with it).

More on P's and E's ....later.

Judith

=====