Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: "light" lines/value - High school

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 17:01:09 PST

"ArtsEdNet Talk" <> writes:
Great examples here Ken.

I have used his weave lesson, I called it woven composition. I
approached is as student themselves and then they had to write
aobut what cartoon character best described them and tell why.
The composition is a cross between them and the cartoon (50/50)

I still fight the value. I have a leaf excercise I use. They
can not trace the leaves, only use value to define. It works to
some extent.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802 (Art Classes) Mail)