Value Shading - Animals in art (Elementary lesson)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 11:20:44 PST

(Smile Jan! Oh look at the time! - done for now - more
to come on this one. Jan knows what I mean)

Dear Art Educators,

Coloring skills - and value shading - was a recent
thread on Getty list. Jan Hillmer had the perfect
lesson plan to go along with the thread (more to come
on that - I have lots of "words of wisdom" to add to
this plan -- in time -- in time - but first the lesson
plan).

Value Shading -Animals in art:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Jan-value.htm

The fish is the only one that has a larger image at
top. Leopard is featured throughout lesson (click on
the links) because I accidentally forgot him when I
was adding images at the top -- he is a good one - you
will see why. Kids can teach you a lot about how to
teach art. See what lessons Jan's kids can teach you
(smile). I just happen to think Jan is a pretty
wonderful art teacher! More ideas to come soon from
Jan soon (I have a neat "Mondrian" image -I just have
to find it).

Hope you enjoy this lesson as much as I did. It was a
nice present today. I love it when Christmas comes
early.

Judith

=====
Judith Decker